`Empress Cafe' built at the turn of the century.
In 1983, both these buildings were demolished to make
way for a development of twenty cottage-style starter
& Mrs. Leadbetter, from Liverpool, transformed the
`Empress Cafe' into this lively and popular dance hall.
People came from all over West Lancashire, including many
`theatrical' folk from the Garrick Theatre, Southport.
Local football and cricket dances were held to the music
of the hall's resident band.
Rectory, Rufford. Demolished around 1930 when Lord Hesketh
instructed that it be taken down due to dry rot in the
the demolition of the Rectory, many well-known local men
and boys, cleared the site of huge sycamore and fruit
trees, preparing the land for a new burial ground.